Moncton Anime Federation
Please Log in ^-^
Moncton Anime Federation
Please Log in ^-^
Moncton Anime Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Moncton Anime Federation

The best anime forum on the net!!!

RegisterRegister  PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Saturday September 23rd meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Master G
Admin
Master G

Male
Number of posts : 632
I Live In : Ste-Julienne (AKA: Montreal Area)
I Work At : The Canadian Forces in Laval
My Favorit Anime : Trigun
MAF Points ^-^ : 9514
Registration date : 2006-01-20

Anim Character Sheet
Character Name: Moroko
Class: Necro Mage

Saturday September 23rd meeting Empty
PostSubject: Saturday September 23rd meeting   Saturday September 23rd meeting EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 01:59

This weeks meeting is going to be held at the Moncton public library from 2 PM to 4:30 PM. For more info please see the Moncton Library section of the forum or contact them for me for more info. ^-^

Showing: - Fullmetal Alchemist 5-6
- His and Her Circumstances 1-2
- And more...

Bring your Fan Art ^-^
Back to top Go down
https://demo-salem.forum.st
Master G
Admin
Master G

Male

Anim Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saturday September 23rd meeting   Saturday September 23rd meeting EmptySat 16 Sep 2006, 11:42

Message from Cathy
========================================

Hi Everyone,

The next Anime Club meeting will be held in next Saturday September 23rd. It starts around 2:00 and should go until about 4:30.

It's also going to be a combined meeting with the Moncton Anime Federation, another anime group in Moncton. They usually meet once a week at different members houses, but they're going to have their meeting with us on the 23rd. Their website is at https://demo-salem.forum.st if you want to take a look.

We're gonna try to show a bunch of different things this week:

Fullmetal Alchemist 5-6
In this world, there exists people with special abilities to manipulate objects and transform one object into another. These people are known as alchemists. This process does come with a cost though, the basic law of alchemy states that to gain something you have to sacrifice something of the same value. The main character is the famous alchemist Edward Elric - also known as the Fullmetal Alchemist - who almost lost his little brother, Alphonse, in an accident. Edward managed to contain his brother's soul in a large suit of armor. While he did manage to save his brother's life, he had to pay a great price himself. To get back what they've lost, the brothers embark on a journey to find the Philosophers Stone that is said to amplify the powers of an alchemist enormously.

His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano) 1-2
Miyazawa Yukino has always been a show-off. She's always wanted to be Number One, to be the very best in everything, to be adored by all others. Then one day, she meets her match: Arima Soujiro, who seems about as perfect as she strives to be. But no one is quite what they seem ... for whenever Yukino goes home, off comes the "ojousama" facade - and on go the headbands, reading glasses, and sweats. Miss Congeniality is in fact a conniving, petty con-artist with a streak of absolute nerdy bliss. Of course, Yukino isn't the *only* one hiding a secret, since Arima himself isn't quite what he seems either.

Voices of a Distant Star
When a mysterious alien force begins their annihilation of the human race, a young pilot feels called to join the resistance. But the danger of an interstellar battle is not Mikako's greatest concern. For she has left behind the one young man she loves. And as Mikako flies further into deep space, her only way to connect with Noboru is by cell-phone text messages. While Mikako risks her life to save mankind, Noboru waits. At first days, then months, then years for each new message that will let him know whether Mikako is still alive. And while she barely grows older in the timelessness of space, Noboru ages.
Only 30 minutes long, this whole anime was animated by just one person.

There should be some new manga at the library this week, so bring your library card if you want to check them out to take home (if you don't have a library card you can get one with a piece of ID, it's free for the first one and $2 for a replacement if you lost it).

Don't forget the cosplay contest at the meeting in October. It will be on a Thursday night, October 26th.

Please let your friends know if they didn't sign up for the mailing list. If anyone wants to help advertise by putting up a few posters around town, you can download the poster for printing at http://www.monctonpubliclibrary.ca/animeclubposter-sept.jpg

If you don't want to receive messages like this in the future, let me know and I will remove your name from the list.

Hope to see you all there!

Cathy MacDonald
Reference Librarian
Moncton Public Library
644 Main St., Moncton, NB E1C 1E2
Back to top Go down
CathyM
Small & quiet Anime Fan
CathyM

Female
Number of posts : 2
I Live In : Moncton
MAF Points ^-^ : 6479
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Directions   Saturday September 23rd meeting EmptyWed 20 Sep 2006, 19:22

In case anyone is wondering how to get to the library, it's in the Blue Cross Building at 644 Main St. The Library is located on the side of the building facing Burger King.

On Saturdays I think there is free parking in the Blue Cross parking lot behind the building.

Once you're in the library, the anime club meeting is in room AB on the first floor. If you walk straight and go past the circulation desk, it will be the first door on the left.

Hope to see some of you there!

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Master G

Male

Anim Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saturday September 23rd meeting   Saturday September 23rd meeting EmptySat 23 Sep 2006, 00:18

Hope everyone can make it. I know some of you work but hope everyone tries to make it in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday September 23rd meeting   Saturday September 23rd meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday September 23rd meeting
Page 1 of 1