Moncton Anime Federation
Please Log in ^-^
Moncton Anime Federation
Please Log in ^-^
Moncton Anime Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Moncton Anime Federation

The best anime forum on the net!!!

RegisterRegister  PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

My trip to Florida

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterMarth
Master Anime Fan
MasterMarth

Male
Number of posts : 144
I Live In : Moncton
I Work At : I'm free!!! RAWR!
My Favorit Anime : Too many to name just ONE
MAF Points ^-^ : 8393
Registration date : 2006-01-21

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 22:36

Well, my trip is coming to an end, so I figured I'd start telling you guys what happened on it. Here it goes:

1st day:

We left fromt he Moncton airport on Canjet on a straight flight to Sarasota. Although it was my first time flying on a plane, and despite the attempts of my parents to make me scared, the flight was very boring (the rollercoaster in Crystal Palace is more fun). The plane left at around 1 PM and met with turbulance the entire flight.

I took some pics of the plane, the wings, and the ground below (our seats were just where the wings meet the plane). We arrived in Sarasota early in the evening (warm weather, no snow, and PALM TREES!!!), but by the time we found our way to where my grandparents were, the sun was far from sight.

We rented a car during our stay here, but since my dad's license had apparently been expired since January (and we are in March silent ), we had to rent the car under my brother's name.

2nd day:

Me and my brother started out the day by taking a dip in the nearby pool (without any sunblock... dumb action #1). Since the area is like a old folks retirement camp (you have to be 55 or more to buy/rent a house here), there were no hot chicks Sad

Afterwards, we went to the beach. Fun stuff Smile. The amount of good looking girls was a plus in the day. We got back from the beach with a nice burn (we did put on lotion, but only 15 Neutral ).

After that, we stayed an relaxed a bit at the "house" that my grandparents were staying at for the rest of the day.

3rd day:

We started off by putting on lotion (30 this time Razz), but our skin was already burned from the day before. We went over to a flea market and you would not believe the stuff they had there... and the prices!! The market is open every weekend. I spent my time at the "Nintendo World" portion of the flea market...

If you like NES games, you'd piss yourself, probably wet yourself in the other way, and die if you saw how many NES games this guy had. He had AT LEAST 200 NES games... not even counting the ones that were packed in boxes at the back of the booth. He had a huge amount of SNES games as well, a good amount of N64 and Genesis games, and a few PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/Dreamcast/Gameboy games. Her also had some of the peripherals as well. The original NES Zapper, the SNES Super Scope, Mario Paint (with mouse and pad), Game Genie for NES and SNES, 1st and 3rd party controllers and memory cards... just amazing.

I also bought some cool sunglasses there, if it matters to anyone Razz

After we left the flea market, we went to see a game of the New York Yankees (not a big baseball fan, but it was good). We had fun, I got a second layer of burned skin, and we went to see some dograces after that.

I didn't like the idea of the dogs being forced to race like that, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

After that, we went home for the day.

4th day:

This day was Attration Day #1. What we had planed to do was stay with my grandparents the first three days, go to a hotel the next two and go to Universal and Epcot, and then stay with my grandparents the rest of the trip. So, we went to Universal (2-park, 1-day passes are around 73$ for adults... in American money) where they had the Universal Studioes and Adventure Island.

So we started at Universal Studioes (I STRONGLY recommend the Shrek 4-D if any of you has the chance of going). Since check in time at the hotel was at 2 PM, my parents went and checked in when me and my brother went to Adventure Island (you must go to the Hulk ride and the Dueling Dragons on both sides). After my parents got back, me and my bro brought my dad on some of the better rides (my mom isn't a rollercoaster-type person).

I bought a souvenir from the Men in Black ride (of Frank the dog in an MiB suit). It wasn't meant to be a gift for me, but if she doesn't like it, it will be. (if you want to know more, you'll have to wait 'till I get back to get more details Razz)

Because my dad was there, he ruined the chance we had of spending some great time with two hot girls (some of the first that looked hot and didn't look like they were under 16).

We passed by them and both of them checked us out and said "hi" as they passed by. We answered them and kept walking. I check them out as we passed them and they were both taking turns in checking US out as well Smile

We would have turned back and asked them to go on a few rides with us (and trust me, they would not have said no), but we were with our dad and that would have made it a little odd.

As we finished cramming in some last minute rides, we headed towards our hotel rooms and slept until the next day.

Oh, and here are some of the things I recommend if you go to Universal:

Shrek 4D (Universal Studioes):

Even if you don't like Shrek, you'll still like this. It's a 3D movie that has wind, water and moving seats.

If there's a giant taking slow, ground shaking steps, the seats with shake accordingly.

At one point, Donkey sneezes towards the audiance and they spray some water on you at the same time as the "snot" hits you, it's so gross yet cool Very Happy.

And then there's the air. At one point in the movie, and spider falls from a branch and stops in front of the camera. It then falls to the ground out of sight. Then, about 50 spiders fall and dissapear again, but this time, they shot small jets of air at our feet, making it feel as if the spiders are brushing against us. They were screams and shouts of supprise in the audiance Twisted Evil .

The Hulk (Adventure Island):

The longest ride in Universal. Fast, a lot of turns and loops, and an overall great ride

Dueling Dragons (Adventure Island):

This is actually 2 rides in one: Ice Dragon and Fire Dragon. Both are different and both are worth riding. Fire Dragon shakes and bumps you a lot more of the two. Ice Dragon makes you feel as if you are going fast like hell. But, the thing is, they are both intertwined and meet each other a few times. At one point, it's as if you could kick the people on the other Dragon.

5th day:

Well, we were going to go to Epcot, and it was going to cost us around 200$ for the four of us... but my mom got us dragged in time share thing that took us most of the morning. We got a free meal from it and got our tickets half price, so it wasn't that bad.

Epcot is not really a great place for roller coasters and such, but it's still a great place to go. The first part has a lot of attractions to go to (like a ride through time to explain energy) and some really fun stuff to go in (like, a simulation of a shuttle lift off and a test drive in a car).

Then the other part goes around a lake and represents different parts of the world. Like Canada, US, UK, Japan, China, and other places. Most with different tastes of food and attractions for each country.

Then, at 9 PM, they have fireworks over the lake.

I would honestly recommend going to Epcot, even to only see the fireworks. Those were the BEST FIREWORKS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! Not only were there soooo many different types of fireworks, but they were arranged so perfectly as well. In the center island, they had such a HUGE flame, that we could feel the heat from about half a kilometer away. I was just in awe the entire show (and it only lasted about 15 minutes).

6th day:

Well, we relaxed, and went to the Spongedocks. Apparently, people go and fish for sponges to sell to people. I can explain more on that in person. This was more of a relaxing day than the rest.

7th day:

Well, this day has even started yet and I can already predict how it will go. Rest, rest, and maybe a little rest.

8th day:

In this day, we will get up at 3 AM, drive to the airport, and depart on the plane at around 7 AM. I'll be back in Moncton before the end of the morning. Though I might sleep for a part of the day. I'll call G sometime in the afternoon and, if it's ok with the gang, go over for some LAN fun.

Anyways, I should stop hogging my uncles laptop now. I'll see you all on Thursday!!! CYA!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Final Pie
Admin
The Final Pie

Male
Number of posts : 409
I Work At : McDicks
My Favorit Anime : Ghost in the Shell
MAF Points ^-^ : 8915
Registration date : 2006-03-07

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 22:53

NES games... Shocked I wanna go to florida just for that!
Back to top Go down
Samael
Real Big Anime Fan
Samael

Male
Number of posts : 78
I Live In : Moncton, NB
My Favorit Anime : Fate/Stay Night
MAF Points ^-^ : 6787
Registration date : 2006-01-28

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyWed 15 Mar 2006, 02:46

forget NES games! I wanna see hot looking girls.
Man I'm so jealous. What's worse is that I was supposed to go to Florida to take a cruise ship to the eastern caribeans in April. But i'm glad you had fun there, Marth. *cheers*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wandering_rogue
MasterMarth
Master Anime Fan
MasterMarth

Male

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyWed 15 Mar 2006, 14:03

Well, that boosts my confidence a bit, having some great looking girls, 18+, actually checking me out Razz

One thing I made sure of is that the sunglasses I bought block out my eyes. So that, when I'm wearing them, you can't see where I'm looking.

Good thing one of the girls I ran into didn't have glasses like that Smile. We were waiting for the others to catch up to us when we went to the Sponge Docks, and this girl looked at me a few times and then put on her sunglasses. Well, I could still see her eyes, and unless I had some weird insect crawling up and down my body, it was obvious what she was doing Razz

Anyways, this is my last day... and I'm going to spend it relaxing. There's apparently a Super Wal-Mart arround here with almost EVERYTHING you could possibly want. So, we're going to check that out tonight. Besides that, I'm going to be online, and watch TV Razz

See you guys on Thursday/Friday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kieryn
^-^ Anime Master ^-^
Kieryn

Female
Number of posts : 221
I Work At : Home, with my kids!
My Favorit Anime : Fushigi Yuugi and Noir
MAF Points ^-^ : 8294
Registration date : 2006-01-20

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyWed 15 Mar 2006, 22:07

*snickers* gotta love the girls that can't be subtle.

muwahahahaha i prefer being able to check someone out without them noticing, and without the dark sunglasses Razz

and yes, it can be done.
Back to top Go down
The Final Pie
Admin
The Final Pie

Male

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyThu 16 Mar 2006, 18:30

Yeah well, i know i sound extremely geeky here but girls are everywhere but good sales on NES games are not as common as they once were, And I'm getting Secrets of Mana yay!

So there's my geek rant.
Back to top Go down
MasterMarth
Master Anime Fan
MasterMarth

Male

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyFri 17 Mar 2006, 12:53

I already have Secret of Mana... and Super Metroid... and got Chrono Trigger in a trade for Mario Kart: Double Dash... Chrono Trigger for MK:DD!!! I was so lucky Razz
Back to top Go down
The Final Pie
Admin
The Final Pie

Male

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 13:06

Lucky you, I envy
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Master G

Male
Number of posts : 632
I Live In : Ste-Julienne (AKA: Montreal Area)
I Work At : The Canadian Forces in Laval
My Favorit Anime : Trigun
MAF Points ^-^ : 9515

Anim Character Sheet
Character Name: Moroko
Class: Necro Mage

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 17:36

Where are the bloddy pic's!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://demo-salem.forum.st
MasterMarth
Master Anime Fan
MasterMarth

Male

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 19:53

Give me time Razz
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Master G

Male
Number of posts : 632
I Live In : Ste-Julienne (AKA: Montreal Area)
I Work At : The Canadian Forces in Laval
My Favorit Anime : Trigun
MAF Points ^-^ : 9515

Anim Character Sheet
Character Name: Moroko
Class: Necro Mage

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyWed 22 Mar 2006, 21:51

lol , im having fun and im gana bug you some more...

Where are the pic's Razz
Back to top Go down
https://demo-salem.forum.st
MasterMarth
Master Anime Fan
MasterMarth

Male

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida EmptyThu 30 Mar 2006, 04:01

Pics coming soon... I uploaded them to my computer... now to upload them to imageshack...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My trip to Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Florida   My trip to Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

My trip to Florida
Page 1 of 1